Thursday, October 12, 2006

Snow in October

When I rode my bicycle into work this morning, I didn't really expect to be riding home in a snowstorm. And yet there I was! I know Americans come to Canada in July with expectations of skiing and outdoor skating, and I know Canadians find that amusing, but there's just no way we should be getting snow on the 12th of October in southern Ontario! I actually had to slow right down a couple times because I was afraid my tires were going to slide out from under me if I went faster than a crawl. Crazy!

So far I've managed to bike to work every month this year (only once or twice in January and February, but still!) and I really didn't expect any challenge in October or November, but have feared that we'd get snow (to stay) in late November and I'd be shut out in December. Now I'm fearful for November, too! ;-)

Anyone thinking they don't get enough exercise should seriously consider riding a bicycle to work. It not only saves you money in terms of gasoline, parking and auto maintenance, but it's free exercise just getting to and from work! How great is that!?

No comments: