Monday, December 24, 2007

Biking Streak: In Jeopardy! (Again)

This month has been characterized by one thing (for me): snow! We've had significant amounts on the ground every day so far, and there's really been no opportunity for me to ride my bike at all. I had high hopes for today, because of the big warm-up that happened over the weekend. I was watching lots and lots of snow melt yesterday, to the point where some of the grass in our backyard had re-appeared! But then I woke up this morning to find out that several fresh inches of the awful white stuff had fallen overnight - so much so, that Tammy and I were out there shoveling before 9:00 so that Vicki could get her car out of the garage in order to get to a fitness class - and there went my plans to bike to work today. I still have three more chances: Thurs, Fri and next Monday. If none of those days pan out, then my streak will end at (a nevertheless impressive) 23 months!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm crossing my fingers for Friday for you!