Sunday, December 16, 2007

Time To Start Another Embargo

The Rangers are trailing Phoenix (a team with a losing record) 5-1 in the 3rd period, at home this afternoon. For the purposes of this post, I'm assuming the home team is going to lose that game, and will shortly hold a seasonal record of 16-13-3.

A few facts:

Prior to my nearly-month long avoidance of all things related to the New York Rangers (referred to from now on as "Embargo # 1"), they were 3-6-1.

During Embargo # 1, they went 9-2-0.

Since ending Embargo # 1 in late November, the Rangers have amassed a record of 4-5-2.

In other words, their non-Embargo record is a pathetic 7-11-3, compared to the impressive 9-2-0 results they posted while I wasn't watching. It seems pretty obvious to me that it's time to stop paying attention again, before they actually manage to dip back down below the 0.500 mark once again.

I'll check back in awhile and see how they're doing. Right now, I'm pretty disgusted with their inconsistency and have better things to spend my time on right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah time to just give up hockey altogether!

Sabotage said...

You have 100% of my support with Embargo #2. Considering I have Jagr, AND Lundqvist in my complicated hockey pool, I'd appreciate a better effort out of those players. Since they seem to perform at a higher level when you're not paying attention, and I've currently dropped to #4 in my hockey pool I'd appreciate some help on your part. lol.

Thanks!