Sunday, December 16, 2007

On Achieving A State Beyond Total Suckitude

After Vicki retired early tonight (I'd had a nap; she had not), I played some practice Halo 3 in order to better learn the weapons, since I haven't played more than about 30 minutes of the offline version yet! This is something I should probably do with new games before I jump into the online arena like I did with Halo 3 recently, but my pride can handle being the worst player in the game, at least for awhile.

Tonight I figured out several of the guns, beyond the one you start with, and then I was able to use them more effectively in the actual XBox Live games that followed. I even won a game (after not having finished higher than about 3rd last previously), at the end of about an hour of online play tonight (of course, it was only against other low-ranking types like me). More importantly, I started to feel like I knew what I was doing by then, which hadn't been happening on previous trips in. I'm better with the grenades - all three types - and have found about four guns that I like - shotgun, spiker, mauler and something called a "brute shot" - and will hopefully improve on some of the other ones, too. No real progress was made on the devices you can find - anti-grav lifter, power drain and bubble shield - but there's plenty of time for that, in the days ahead. It's usually around this point that the online activity actually becomes fun, rather than just amusing.

Now I just need the guys at work to want to take part in another Halo 3 night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I missed your victory!