Wednesday, June 13, 2007

October Just Got A Little Better Looking

With all the upcoming excitement in July (start of my five weeks of vacation, Babylon 5: The Lost Tales, and the re-launch, after way too many years, of Nexus by Baron & Rude), August (Magnolia Electric Company box set Sojourner, Heroes Season One on DVD, possibly BSG Season Three on DVD, hopefully the Chicago Comic Convention and maybe even taking part in the Silver Age Trivia Contest there) and even September (new TV season, full of hope and future disappointments, baseball playoff races, and probably something else important that I've forgotten), October had been looking a little... well, dull.

But that all changed this week thanks to the ever-watchful eye of buddy Tim. I now know that the great Magnolia Electric Company is playing once more at Lee's Palace in Toronto, on Friday, October 5th, which makes it automatically the concert event of the year, in this household! I'll have to figure out how to order tickets soon, as I don't want to risk a repeat of our second-to-last attempt at seeing them, when the show was sold out and we came home broken-hearted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apropos of nothing

I was at Lee's Tuesday for British country punks - Brakes and actually ran into the same people who were at MEC last year. Told them about the October concert and promised to say hello again then.

Matt - I'm not sure if you are following any music Blogs, but the band 'the National' is breaking big. They put on a spectacular show the week before and I'm sort of kicking myself that I did not bug both you and Vicki that teensy bit more to come see it.

Anonymous said...

ie examples of Music Blogs RAVING about Boxer and the concert:

http://www.chromewaves.net/index.php?itemid=2647

Anonymous said...

MEC in Oct...whoowho!