Tuesday, June 12, 2007

PS/3 Procrastination Almost Over

I finally called and made the appointment to get a service call for the TV this week. Since my last update on the PS/3 saga, I found out that our extended warranty on the TV had, in fact, run out. Bummer. This meant that I had to decide between having this issue looked at - at our expense - versus moving that TV upstairs (where we need a new TV, as we're currently using my mother's old television... and she died in 1984!!) and buying a new, better HD-capable display-a-matic for the living room.

After thinking about it for a month - aka procrastinating - I decided to simply ask Vicki what she thought we should do. She was in favour of seeing how much fixing the TV would be, first, and then deciding based on that. So that's where we stand, awaiting the technician's visit on Friday. At least in this case I'll be able to demonstrate the problem immediately, and if fixing it is an option, then I'll know right away if it's been corrected. Our previous big screen TV developed an annoying video problem that would only show up occasionally, and never on demand.. sort of like the Singing Frog, in that old Warner Brothers cartoon!

No comments: