Friday, June 15, 2007

The PS/3 Saga Concludes (I Hope)

Well, the TV repairman was scheduled to come by today, and I was expecting the worst.

Instead, it only took him about 10 minutes to decide that it probably wasn't the TV that was causing the video and audio problems with the PS/3... but rather the power supply! Sure enough, we switched which outlet it was plugged into, and all the distortion went away! Joy rushed over me! To think that I'd tried nearly everything else - new cables, new PS/3, and was thinking about buying a new TV! - only to have it be an issue with the power! The TV and PS/3 were plugged into the same outlet, and the technician theorized that it was a weak ground between the two that was manifesting itself in "noise" to the PS/3.

I was very relieved, paid the $60 service call charge, and was back in business! I played a little Resistance: Fall of Man tonight, but really need to find a new game, now that it's all working again. I'd like to find one with a good online component, so that Boneman and I can have many more nights of hilarity. But I haven't come across the right one yet.

No comments: