Sunday, August 19, 2007

It's All About Embracing Change

Tomorrow I return to the office for the first time in six weeks. I've been 'warning' some of my closer associates - via Messenger - to expect some changes, as I'm not really interested in going back and continuing to deal - ineptly! - with all of the same issues that caused me to burn out in the first place. I'm hoping to be able to focus on higher-level problems and not spend so much of my time trying to plug leaky holes with my fingers.

My next work blog post is going to be called "Now Launching: AgileMan 2.0" or something to that effect. I've also apparently been moved while I was away, so I'll be taking up residence at some new, currently unconfirmed location. And there are one or two other things that I've done to try to reinforce the theme of change.

Of course, there's always the chance that it'll all prove to be cosmetic and nothing will really change.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, hints galore... so I'll take a stab:

You've shaved off your beard? I mean, you yourself pointed out a couple of posts ago that so few superheroes wear them....

Don Hey said...

You may also find that a few of the deck chairs have been shuffled while you were away. :-)

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Hmmm, "shuffling of deck chairs" sounds uncomfortably like the last few hours of the Titanic.
That's not good.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

And speaking of the Titanic, wouldn't me shaving off my trademark beard make some big waves, eh?! Or maybe no one would even notice.

Anonymous said...

I can't see you shaving your beard, but I can fill you in on the moves. Bringing you down to the 9th floor PM area was Michael's Plan A, but he's since re-vamped that a few times, and I think I'm being moved as well. Last I heard you were back up on 10 in the teleporters area. (near Doug Visser's office)

I'm told I'm on the move as well possibly as early as Sept.

Mike Marsman said...

Sounds like I might have a new neighbour!

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

PeterJ called it, from a minimum of clues. So kudos to him.

Anonymous said...

Seriously? That was so totally a joke. How long had you had it, and how long 'til it comes back?

Sadly I hardly made it away from my desk today... not that I'd have been able to find (or, apparently, recognize) you anyway....

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Now you're thinking, "If only my joke answer had been...

Hmm, not much to go on but I'll take a stab:

You're going to come into work and hand out hundred dollar bills? You'll wander down to my office, and make a special point of rewarding all my hard work over the years with an inch-high stack of the little beauties..."


Am I right?

Anonymous said...

Spooky. :)

Careful while you're in there though: after 15 minutes you get dumped out onto the New Jersey Turnpike. (Don't ask me why, far as I know I've never even been to the Garden State.)