Tuesday, August 28, 2007

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

Ever since returning from vacation, my sleep patterns have sucked. About half of the time, I wake up around 4:00 or 5:00 am and start thinking about work issues. This morning I tossed and turned for an hour before finally getting up just before 6:00 and powering up the laptop. Yesterday, as I was sitting at my desk in my tiny little cubicle re-reading a book on Agile Project Management, I almost fell asleep sitting up! This, after five weeks during which I was getting to sleep as much as I wanted, including taking naps during the day!

I suspect my brain is just overloaded at the moment, since even by my standards, these aren't normal events. Between all of the changes that we're trying to make at work, the notion of actually trying to write a book for real, the fact that Tammy's in the process of moving away from home - really away from home - for the first time, writing for three different blogs, and not having the waking hours to process it all... I'm just fried. Expect to read about me as the guy who sleep-walked his way onto the local news one of these days!

No comments: