Wednesday, March 19, 2008

And Lo, There Shall Be A Number, And That Number Shall Be 27

While it cost me a soggy ride this morning, I got a March bike ride into work today, on what I'd say was the first day in March suitable for cycling. Looking at the forecast, there may not be many - or maybe any! - more chances this month, as Winter continues to extend its stay well beyond the point where anyone in their right mind wants it around. I seem to recall that we got our first serious snowfall of the season around the start of December (while Vicki and I were in San Francisco) so those who've been claiming that this year's Winter has felt especially long probably aren't in error.

Usually March is a slam dunk for getting not just one but several biking days in, but I'm just glad to have one under my belt now. I'd hate to have had the biking streak end in March of all months! Instead, the streak remains alive, and is now up to 27 months.