Friday, March 07, 2008

Our Wait Is Now Sub-Year!

I was so brain-numbingly busy yesterday (worked late to finish up some bug analysis spreadsheet stuff; went out for dinner with Vicki to celebrate our countdown reaching zero; got the first softcover copy of The Real-Life Adventures of AgileMan (Lessons Learned in Going Agile) in the mail; played 2 hours of hilarious Halo 3 action in Co-op Mode with McChicken; watched Lost just before midnight!!) that I completely missed the significance of the date: March 6th! That's right, yesterday marked exactly one year to go until the release of the Watchmen movie in 2009!

While I feel bad about the boneheaded oversight, here's a fun set of character shots that director Zack Snyder released yesterday, as a way to make up for it.

3 comments:

David Webb said...

Hi, Matt,

Congratulations on the impending birth of your book. Now, how about a blog that is a primer of sorts about "Agile". What is it? I have perused your blog posts with the "Agile" tag, and have a passing knowledge of the definition, but maybe you could introduce the book to us dunderheads by way of explaining the title. And for me, you could point out how this idea fits any business, and not just software development. Not that I am pushy.

Anonymous said...

wow those pictures all look amazing ... here's hoping it doesn't suck!

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

David, that's a great suggestion, and thanks for bringing it up! I will absolutely put on my To Do list to provide some contextual material on Agile, especially since I'm about to publish a book on the subject. I just have to honestly admit that it may be several weeks before I get to it, given the pace of activity lately (between work and home).

Also, thanks for the congrats! Holding the physical book in my hands for the first time actually amped up the pride that I've been starting to feel over completing this little, adhoc project of mine. I can hardly wait to see what the hardcover version looks like!