Monday, March 03, 2008

Gaming Update

Saturday night, before the flu laid me low for about thirty-six hours, I managed to finish off Half-Life 2 and Portal. Both had really strong endings, as you'd expect from two such breakthrough offerings. Portal definitely claims the title for Best Final Credits of a Video Game of any game I've ever played. The song performed by the sweet-but-psychotic artificial intelligence while the game maker's names appeared on the screen was absolutely hilarious!

Tonight, as I started to feel better, I got in an hour of F.E.A.R. playing on the PS/3 which was just enough to finish off that game, too. I could've done without all the weirdo hallucinatory scenes toward the end, but otherwise it was a great game.

So that makes three games wrapped up in three days, leaving only Halo 3 "in progress." At this rate, it'll soon be time to start a brand new game!

1 comment:

David Webb said...

As much as I despise blog-whoring, I have a Jonathan Coulton playlist up on my site if you feel the urge for more of his music. And yes, it includes the Portal version of Still Alive.

I am so close to finishing Portal that my teeth are permanently grit. I suck at puzzle games, and I guess, by extension, logical thinking, but this one has a grip on me.