Saturday, March 01, 2008

Hey Look: It's March!

I'm not a big fan of January and February each year, but March is the month when things usually start to look up on several fronts. Typically I get to ride my bike with some regularity toward the middle part of the month, after a long stretch with either no cycling at all or (as in recent years) just enough to keep the streak alive! Looking at the forecast right now, there's not much to cheer about yet, but it is only the first of the month, after all!

Vicki and I both have our birthdays in March, as well as our wedding anniversary, and this year I'm happy to report that I got all of her gifts well before February even took its bows. I'm hoping that there may be a Golden Age comic or two featuring the Dark Knight coming my way in the near future, but only time will tell on that front.

Over the past few years, both of us have gotten very much into watching the NCAA college basketball "March Madness" tournament that starts later this month. The "Road to the Final Four," with its single-loss elimination format, provides excellent accessibility to even fair weather fans like us who don't watch any college basketball the rest of the year.

If proceedings don't get hung up along the way, then March this year will see the arrival - in printed and bound form - of my Agile writings from the past six and a half months. As anyone who reads this blog already knows, that book has occupied a ridiculous chunk of my free time since August, and so getting an actual, physical representation of it in my hands will be a significant moment.

There's also one other noteworthy event tied to March this year, but I'll leave that to a separate post that I hope to get to this weekend.

All in all, it's great to say "so long" to February, especially when it had the audacity to extend its stay by an entire 24 hours this year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And, because it is all about me, I'll go on stage this month for the first time as acting President of the largest Women's Canadian Club in Canada (as it is turnaround month where the VP acts as President in prep for being president in the future). So March is a big month with lots to look forward to, including bye-bye to winter.

Anonymous said...

hey, get your own blog mom!! ;)