Saturday, March 08, 2008

A Ridiculous Run Of Luck

Somehow, inexplicably, AgileMan and his sidekick, the Boy Bidder, emerged victorious on Bridge Night once again (last night). I was sure that this time the wives had finally come out on top (so to speak), especially after one hand where, thanks to my completely useless set of cards, my partner only got three or four of the nine tricks that we'd contracted for, and yet when AgileBoy added up the legs, honours, penalties, insults, games, and reneges-caught-before-too-late, we'd won by a score of something like 1360 to 1330. I know, I know: that sounds like a cricket match gone mad, but that's what the other three claimed the score was.

I actually felt more comfortable during the proceedings last night than I had been before, but that may just mean that I'm starting to get bored with the game! After all, how can playing cards possibly compare to killing aliens or using a Portal gun to get yourself out of jams?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually... I stopped counting when we passed them on the score sheet, because I didn't want the couch again. I'm pretty sure there was a couple of hundred more points on our side.

I hope Mrs. Boy Bidder doesn't read your blog. :-)