Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hardcover On Its Way

I got the notification via e-mail today that the hardcover version of The Real-Life Adventures of AgileMan (Lessons Learned in Going Agile) has now been printed by Lulu and is making its way to us. Last time there was about a 2-day delay between the e-mail going out and the book arriving (although I wasn't checking for the e-mail back then and so I missed it for a few days). If that pattern holds for the hardcover copy as well, it might be here by Thursday of this week. And if that happens, then it appears to be about 1 week for softcover and 2 weeks for hardcover, which isn't too bad at all. Assuming I don't end up making many more changes - and I have to stop eventually! - then I could conceivably have my big shipment in hand by the end of March. That'd be pretty sweet!

I did some pricing tonight on the bulk order, and the results were encouraging. I should be able to get what I want, including a few extras of each type, for about another $400, meaning that I'd be able to keep my total under $500 (including the 3 print drafts). I've also pretty much decided on the pricing scheme for the copies that I don't give away: $20 for softcover and $40 for hardcover. In each case, that's about double the cost to me, which seems reasonable in this sort of circumstance. Not that I'm expecting to sell (m)any, but I still need to have a price in mind, just in case!

No comments: