Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bit Of Fun Watchmen Movie Stuff

Few readers of this blog are anywhere nearly as interested in the upcoming Watchmen film as I am, but I provide this link regardless, in which screenwriter David Hayter provides a few tidbits about the movie itself. It's just so encouraging to hear that the source material is being treated so reverently:

"... the story is so good and so well-written and I think so cinematic I just sort of felt like a lot of fanboys felt, which is this is basically a storyboarded movie, it’s ready to go and it’s already better-written than 98 percent of the movies that come out..."

I'm one of the fanboys who's been saying that for a couple decades now (including to my buddy Tim, who's maintained all along that Watchmen was impossible to make into a good film... and of course, he could still be proven right!)

Just over 9 months to go now...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sepia photo of the minutemen looked pretty cool.

ps. post something about the lost finale!!!

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Lost thoughts are now found!

Anonymous said...

Very cool interview. I so need to re-read the comic before we go.

T said...

Watched 300 over the weekend. Terrible, terrible movie that filled me with dread over what is to be watched next. It even overcame my joy at seeing Dominic West get some residuals.

Now, I really enjoyed the Dawn of the Dead remake. It held most of the wit of the original and was just scary enough to be good.

Heaven spare us for what is to come.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Tim, did you read the 300 graphic novel (by Frank Miller) that the movie was based on? I'm guessing that you did not, or else you'd know that the movie was essentially a straight adaptation of that material. In other words, if you hated 300, the movie (as you obviously did), then you'd also hate 300, the graphic novel.

Did you hate or love Watchmen, the comic series? (I know you loved it.) If Snyder faithfully adapts the comic series, like he did with 300, why would you be filled with dread? That just makes no sense at all.