Sunday, May 18, 2008

Haze Has Some Potential

I just finished playing through the relatively-short demo level of Haze on the PS/3. It seems like a reasonably well-done First Person Shooter: I only had a choice of 3 guns (2 battle rifle variations and a pistol) but I imagine more show up in later levels; the controls are easy enough to get used to; ammo is picked up automatically (I hate when you have a press a button to grab ammo!); you're limited in how many different guns you can carry, which lends some realism to the experience; and the graphics seemed quite decent to these old eyeballs. The big attraction of the game, of course, is the introduction of a drug (Nectar) that enhances your abilities when you use it. Even in the demo you can see its effects beginning to show on your teammates, as they get increasingly aggressive and irritated.

Most importantly, though, the demo confirms that there is, indeed, a Coop Campaign mode that you can initiate or join online with up to 3 other players! This sounds like just the sort of thing McChicken, Boneman and I would enjoy, if we all end up buying the game. Now I just have to convince them... ;-)

No comments: