Thursday, May 15, 2008

Book News And Book Reviews

It's been a good last couple of days for The Real-Life Adventures of AgileMan (Lessons Learned in Going Agile). After nearly two weeks with no sales, Vicki arranged one yesterday when she went to visit a consulting company that she's gotten work through before, and today I had a peer at work indicate that he wanted to buy a copy (we just need to connect, which given both of our schedules right now, is going to take a miracle!)

Last night I found out that the Silver Age Comic Book Trivia Contest at this year's Chicago Convention is happening, and when I mentioned to the organizer/Quiz Master that I actually had written a book - with some comic book overtones - it was suggested that I bring a few copies along as someone there might want to buy one. Not exactly a guaranteed sale, but even being able to proudly introduce myself at the panel as the author of a book is enough to give me a minor little buzz!

And finally, I visited my chiropractor today, who I'd given a copy to, last time I was there. She's an avid reader, and we've spent many an adjustment talking about books that one or the other of us had been reading. Therefore it had been a thrill to give her my book, even though I had to admit, "It's kind of work-related so you may find it boring..." In today's session, all she could do was gush about how much she was enjoying the book, and how amazed she was that she'd actually find something "computer related" to be interesting! Having someone who's completely unrelated to what I do for a living rave about the book was really rewarding, and made it seem less like a "novelty" item than it has at other times. She even called me "the author," which was nice.

No comments: