Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Instant Gratification Game

I often mock the IGGys (aka the Instant Gratification Generation) but sometimes it's fun to pretend like I'm one of them. Normally I enjoy the slow buildup of anticipation for some upcoming event - whether it be that ultra exciting comic series, a TV show's season premiere, or maybe just the start of a long overdue vacation - but occasionally I think: What would I most wish for to hurry up and get here already, if I could?

The answer changes over time, and I don't have anything that I'm just dying for right now (unlike, say, the eventual start of the JLA/Avengers mini-series of a few years back!) but I'll still play along. The ground rule is that it has to be something that you have every reason to believe is going to happen, but just not right away.

My biggest IG wish right now would be:
  • Resistance 2 gets released on the PS/3 right now!
Honourable mentions go to:
  • Watchmen movie debuts tomorrow
  • First issue of Legion of 3 Worlds mini-series, by Geoff Johns and George Perez, comes out next Wednesday
What would yours be?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Detroit Red Wing Stanley Cup.

Anonymous said...

^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree 100%

Anonymous said...

I know where you work man...

Anonymous said...

They do the performance reviews at work and I get a big raise :)

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Hmmm.... both contributor so far seem to have missed the "something that you have every reason to believe is going to happen" part of the setup.

Anonymous said...

We were leaving for Hawaii right now