Monday, May 19, 2008

A Sign Of Getting Old: Playing On Easy?

I've put in quite a few hours on BioShock this weekend, but realized partway through it that I couldn't really manage to play it on Normal!

I started off on Easy because I wasn't expecting to like it - after my so-so reaction to the demo, months ago - and then forgot that I'd set the Difficulty level so low. When I remembered it, I went and jacked it up to Normal, only to get my ass handed to me about six times in a row during a particularly tough stretch... causing me to go back to Easy!

I'm hoping this isn't the start of a trend, though, as I almost always play video games on the "middle" setting, as that seems to give me the right combination of challenge and "job satisfaction." If I start finding that I can't play most games that way anymore, however, I'm going to start feeling very depressed about my age!

No comments: