Monday, May 19, 2008

Well, At Least I Didn't Have To Go Into Work

Anyone hoping for nice weather for our May long weekend (just now wrapping up) was probably as disappointed as I was. Yesterday and today, in particular, were even too cool for Vicki to feel like gardening, whereas on Victoria Day weekends in the past, the pool's typically been heavily used as a means of cooling off! I'm not sure if this is the latest manifestation of Climate Change, or just a freakishly long winter not quite letting go, but it's certainly been a little hard to take.

I also spent way too much time this 3-day weekend thinking/worrying about work. There's just too much going on there right now, in our post-Reorg world, for me to be able to turn it off, even when I'm away for several days. I was on several long e-mail threads over the weekend, so clearly it wasn't just me! If I were to say more than that, then I'm sure the Haters of Open and Honest Communication would come out of the woodwork and cause all kinds of trouble for my long-suffering boss. And we can't have that.

Wrapping up the depressing developments, our trailer trash neighbours behind us have us once again thinking about moving, thanks to a loud Victoria Day party they decided to hold in their tiny backyard. I noticed today, as I was taking stuff to our curb, that you could actually hear them quite clearly a street away! In other words, today - like so many days, unfortunately - they were producing enough noise to bother people for several hundred feet in all directions! That takes a special kind of indifference to others, but sadly they've got it... in spades!

No comments: