Sunday, October 12, 2008

AgileMan Book Update

With visiting-Tammy and her mother gone to Michigan for the day today, I got lots of writing done. I was actually just starting the final Issue when they came home, which leaves me hopeful of finishing the first draft tomorrow. I've already warned Vicki that she may be getting Draft # 2 to review as early as late next week (in other words, around Oct 23rd). Of course, it may end up taking me more than a week and a half to make my way through all 63,000+ words, from start to finish, and craft something better out of the raw material that's there right now. What loose ends did I leave dangling? Is the tone too harsh? Am I being fair to the people whose job performances I'm criticizing over the course of the book? How many times do I contradict myself over the span of 32 Issues? Is it still a book about adopting Agile, or has it degenerated into nothing more than my memoirs?

Those are the sorts of questions I'll be wrestling with, along with the English language, as usual. What fun! And to think that I get paid to do this... oh wait, no I don't! It was that other job that paid! Rats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of progress being made! I'm sure you are ahead of schedule now. Looking forward to reading it.