Friday, October 24, 2008

Getting Better; Dying Less

After another couple of hours of Resistance 2 Beta (yes, I'm posting this at 2:30 a.m.!), I've started to get the hang of the Team Deathmatch, at least. I haven't yet had a round where I've had as many kills as deaths, but I came close in one: 44-49! Overall, I'm at 75-109, but did finish 14th (out of 60 players) in the round where I was almost even.

I'm finding the controls really hard to adjust to, especially secondary fire (I'm always pressing the wrong trigger for that). I could do without the splatter effects that they've amped up, but I guess the kids go for that. I like that you can pick which weapon to use (each time you re-spawn) and as far as I can tell, you're limited to carrying just one at a time. I think I need to play around with the targeting sensitivity, as it seems like it's set too high for my chaotic style of aiming! There are lots of things that I don't know how to do yet (but see other players doing them) so clearly: more game time is called for! :-)

I expect to spend a few hours tomorrow at this, filing reports as I go. Because I know of at least one or two readers out there who'll find this stuff riveting...

No comments: