Sunday, October 12, 2008

Start Warming Up The Popcorn, Honey!

We've added 8 DVDs to our collection in the past week, thanks to a DVD sale at Amazon that piqued my interest. Half of the new additions are in the Blu-Ray format, with the other half being regular DVDs. The average price across the entire set was $10, which I just couldn't pass up once I realized that the sale included some movies that I actually wanted to own! Two of them, in fact, were titles that I'd been actively seeking out (for a good price) at the time that the sale notice showed up in my in-basket.

Only two of the group are "new" to us in terms of being films that Vicki and I haven't already seen, but the rest are all favourites that we've watched several times over the years and expect to dive into many times more. Your tastes may vary, of course, but that's OK: that's why these gems are now in our collection, and (probably) not yours! ;-)

Anyway, here's the list:

Alien Vs Predator: Requiem (Blu-Ray)
A Clockwork Orange (Blu-Ray)
Contact
Dial 'M' For Murder
Full Metal Jacket

Rescue Dawn (Blu-Ray)
The Terminator (Blu-Ray)
The Thing From Another Planet (1951 version)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm most looking forward to rewatching Dial M...been a while. Least is of course Clockwork. Lots of popcorn for that one.