Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bye Bye Beta

The Resistance 2 Beta gets shut down at midnight tonight, and so I've partaken of my last round of it now. I finished Co-op play with a Level 10 Medic (the highest you could get, unfortunately, in the Beta), a Level 6 Soldier and a Level 6 Special Ops. I'm looking forward to getting the chance to level those roles up considerably higher (after starting back at Level 1 again) once I get my hot little hands on the game itself (Tuesday of next week).

I'm also eagerly anticipating the single player campaign, as there was no part of that included in the Beta. From what I've read, it sounds like the Nathan Hale Experience is full of jaw-dropping moments and an even better storyline than the first game had.

I didn't play a whole lot of Competitive mode in the 7 short days of opportunity that I had, but I imagine that I'll get into that big time once the game is out. After all, that's the part that sucked up a couple months of my life with Resistance: Fall of Man... many more hours than I spent playing through the single player campaign!

So that makes 3 very different but uniquely exciting components that should be just 5 days away now... (and I think I'll have to buy a new PS/3 controller while I'm picking up the game, since one of my two seems to have worn out a couple of its parts, based on the results I've seen this week).

1 comment:

Boneman8 said...

Make sure you get the Dual Shock controller!! Of course, that's probably a given.