Monday, October 13, 2008

One Draft Down, Several More To Go!

About 2 hours ago, I put the finishing touches on the first draft of More Real-Life Adventures of AgileMan (Year Two: Easier Said Than Done). It weighed in at around 63,500 words, which is more than 25% higher than the equivalent draft for the first book. I'm still putting my money on it pushing over the 70,000 word barrier before I'm done, but you never really know until you get there.

If you're one of the handful of people out there eagerly awaiting your next AgileMan fix, then you can spend this Canadian Thanksgiving appreciating the fact that I actually went through with writing it, despite all kinds of reasons not to. Vicki was visibly surprised to hear that I still wanted to proceed with the project after quitting my job in July, but I just felt as though it would be a good way to exorcise some of those demons... and I think it has been, to some degree.

There's still lots of work left to do on the book, but today definitely marks a major milestone in its creation. Hoo-hah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Can't wait to read it.