Saturday, October 25, 2008

Level 5 Medic After Less Than 48 Hours

I played some more Resistance 2 in Co-op mode today, both by myself and with Boneman over the network. I've got my Medic halfway through Level 5 already, and I think I get an equipment upgrade when I reach Level 6... though I don't know for sure just yet. There's still one launch point (out of the five or six that come with the Beta) that I can't get through, so I clearly must be doing something wrong (besides playing "co-op" by myself!).

There's some trick to the Medic as far as using the Ring of Life (his weapon's name, as well as any obvious dig at Microsoft's infamous Red Rings of Death on their XBox 360s) to set up a "healing area" of some sort, which I'm wondering if it may help the Medic out when he's low on health and can't easily get any off of an enemy. I keep seeing messages on-screen saying that I can do it at certain points, but I have no idea how. I guess that's one of the downsides of playing a Beta: you don't have the manual that comes with the purchased copy of the game!

Speaking of which, I'm also trying to figure out the best way to get the game on the 4th. I can pre-order it from various online sites (Best Buy, Future Shop) but none of them seem to allow "pick up in store" as an option. I don't really want to pay for shipping, but more importantly, I'm not looking to wait 2 - 4 business days to get my copy in the mail! I can always go shopping for it on the release date, but I'd rather have a copy reserved so that I know I'm not coming home empty-handed. Has anyone else out there figured out a good strategy?

No comments: