Monday, January 28, 2008

Book Reviews

Vicki's still toiling her valiant way through The Real-Life Adventures of AgileMan (Lessons Learned in Going Agile) but I've started turning my thoughts toward the next (and final) round of reviews. Once Vicki's done, and she and I have translated all of her observations and suggestions into a little something that I like to call "Draft # 3," I'm thinking that I'd like to get three or four people to take version # 3 away and provide me with some feedback. I've already had about double that many offers (thank you all, once again!) so I'll be trying to come up with a short list that affords me the greatest variety of perspectives and styles.

Why limit the number of reviewers so sharply, or at all, for that matter? Well, as I was describing to someone at work today, I'd rather have most people experience "the book" as a book, rather than as a Word doc. Maybe that's a silly reason. But with an expected audience that probably won't much exceed about fifteen readers, I really don't want most of them to have already read it before it's even printed!

And don't worry... there'll be plenty of free copies of the printed version to go around, when we get to that point!

2 comments:

Boneman8 said...

I think that maybe the Boneman will simply wait for the finished product. I'd love to read it before hand, but I'd be happy to simply wait for the finished product.

Boneman8 said...

And yes, I KNOW that I said it twice!