Saturday, January 12, 2008

Stacked Up

I have a pile of unread comics right now that's just over a foot high. That's a lot of them, even for me! The reasons for this out-of-control situation are many and varied, but include:
  • Some of my spare time being chewed up by working on the Agile book.
  • A lot of football to watch on TV lately, between college bowl games and the NFL playoffs.
  • More gaming than I'd done at any point since early in 2007, courtesy of first F.E.A.R. on the PS/3 and then Halo 3 on the XBox 360.
  • Several books that have encroached on my comic-reading routines in front of the TV and at bedtime.
  • General low level of interest around most of what's going on in comics these days (especially Countdown, but also extended to the majority of whatever Marvel and DC titles I'm still buying.)
  • (As silly as it sounds) the fact that my PC's in the shop, preventing me from cataloguing the latest purchases.
It's something that I keep meaning to address, but just never get around to it. And so the stack keeps on growing...

And here's a fun fact: since each of my feet is about 12 inches in length ("My foot is a foot!") I often rely on that attribute when I'm estimating sizes in that scale. It's a convenient quirk of nature, I'd say!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky you! i have to add an indeterminate length to mine when making measurments. i inevitably get tired of this and resort to eyeballing.

Anonymous said...

How many eyeballs in a foot?