Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Radiohead CD Now Out

After providing In Rainbows partway through 2007 via a revolutionary "pay what you think it's worth" digital distribution scheme, Radiohead is releasing that work via the conventional channels, as of today. I considered buying it previously - I would've spent about $15 for it, I think - but never got around to it. There was an option, with the way that it was set up last year, to get In Rainbows on CD at that time but it seemed exorbitantly expensive, so it was really only the digital avenue that I pondered traveling down. In the end, I procrastinated, knowing that eventually I could just get the music the old fashioned way.

Ironically, as the Jan 1st date got closer and closer, I decided to order my CD online! Rather than try to find time to get to a music store in early January, I found it for about $13 - within my comfort zone! - and decided to just have it come to my home through Canada Post.

After Magnolia Electric Company, I'd say Radiohead's my next favourite musical group among any that are still together. Unlike MEC, they're too edgy for Vicki's tastes, but that just means that I listen to them more on my iPod than anywhere else. I'm really looking forward to hearing In Rainbows, despite the fact that their previous offering, Hail to the Thief, isn't among my favourite Radiohead CDs. I guess I'm just feeling optimistic!

And I wanted to start off 2008 with some good news... for me, anyway!

No comments: