Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Exciting Comics Coming Out Tomorrow (Sep 2nd Edition)

OK, I'll come right out and admit it: there just aren't any exciting comics coming out this week! There are a couple that come close - the latest issue of Buffy Season Eight, and the continuation of Geoff Johns' Green Lantern origin re-telling - but really it's a pretty barren week.

What really caught my attention, however, was the fact that I'm not planning to buy any Marvel comics this week! (Meaning that Dark Horse Comics, the publisher of Buffy, will actually out-sell Marvel in this household!) Not only that, but next week looks like it'll only hold 2 titles from the poorly-named "House of Ideas", and they're both mini-series that will be wrapping up shortly (Secret Invasion and Ultimate Origins). That means that I'll be picking up an average of only one Marvel title per week to start September, which is quite telling. It wasn't that many years ago that I routinely bought five or more Marvels every week... oh, how the mighty have fallen! And One More Day certainly didn't help their cause in that regard (that's *3* Amazing Spider-Man comics per month that I'm not wasting money on)!

No comments: