Thursday, September 11, 2008

I (Still) Go Swimming! *

For what may end up being the last time this year, I went for a long dip in the pool today. I had to warm the water up to about 25 C (~76 F) before I'd venture in, but with the air temperature hovering around 21 C at the time, that wasn't too bad. With the forecast indicating cooler temperatures ahead, I imagine we'll be closing the pool sometime in the next week or so. Always a sad point in the year, but at least I got a whole lot of swimming in during August.

Oh, and before I forget: a big, though somewhat reluctant "Happy Sept 11th" to Dick Cheney! For almost 8 years now, I've thought that he was maybe the worst U.S. Vice President I'd ever see, but if Sarah "Death to Polar Bears" Palin gets into office, I may have to re-think that...

* "I Go Swimming" is a Peter Gabriel song that shows up on his concert album, Peter Gabriel Plays Live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Palin, I enjoyed this video of Matt Damon talking about one of this biggest issues with this VP pick. The thing I found most interesting was that apparently there's a 1 in 3 chance of this happening!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6urw_PWHYk&feature=bz301