Saturday, September 06, 2008

The Long And Winding Road Of The XBox 360

As a relatively new owner of a 360 - not even at the end of my first year yet, as a matter of fact - it was very interesting to me to see this lengthy, comprehensive article detailing the history of the Microsoft console (at least, from the article writer's point-of-view). The write-up is so detailed that it's probably only for the hardcore gamer, but I had no trouble making it all the way through to the end. It certainly makes you appreciate just how complex an operation it is to get a new gaming console onto the market.

I'm presently still torn between the 360 and PS/3, with no clear favourite emerging. All of the hype around the upcoming Home functionality of the PS/3 makes me think that I may be spending more time in PlayStation land shortly, but that remains to be seen. Sony definitely needs to improve the integration of wireless headsets with their console, as that's one area where the 360 currently provides a much better online experience. But, in general, I'm as likely to be gaming on one device as the other, these days.

No comments: