Monday, September 01, 2008

See The Watchmen Trailer Through A Newbie's Eyes

I got a huge kick out of this article, written by a self-professed "comic book virgin," as she put down in writing what she got out of watching the trailer. I can totally see why she'd react in all of the ways that she did, and I can't help but wonder if that's what director Zack Snyder was going for with his composition of the trailer? It's great to "see" the trailer without all of the context that multiple readings have given me, just for the variety that it provides.

I'm definitely going to be re-reading my Absolute version of Watchmen, with its beautiful large pages, between now and the movie's debut... which, the calendar tells me, is now just a few days over six months away (assuming the feud between Warners and 20th Century Fox doesn't kill it, that is).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought the "Mars City" looked really clunky. Hopefully their generating better graphics right now... :-)