Sunday, September 07, 2008

Hurricanes Didn't Seem This Bad When I Was A Kid

Gustav did a lot of damage (though less than the worst predictions had it doing), but before "he" had even arrived in the U.S., forecasters were warning about Hanna and Ike (the latter of whom is now targeting Florida and has resulted in a state of emergency being declared there). Now, some of this may be the news media drumming up ratings and people in general overreacting, but after Katrina in 2005, who can blame them? New Orleans and other areas around it are still recovering from that disaster, 3 years later. Sure seems like severe weather is becoming more the norm these days...

[Update: Thanks to Anonymous, I was reminded that Katrina was 3 years ago, not last year.. even though it still seems more recent than that to me! So now I've got my facts straight up above.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a small observation; Katrina was 2005...