Monday, May 14, 2007

Assorted TV News

As Tammy mentioned in a comment to another post, NBC's announced a Heroes: Origins miniseries for next season (sounded like 8-ish episodes). Coincidental with that good news, comes the sad proclamation of Studio 60's demise (boo), and a re-iteration/confirmation of the Bionic Woman series coming from NBC. I can't decide how I feel about that. You couldn't find a bigger Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman fan than me (well, OK, you probably could, but why bother?) and yet I can't help but worry that they'll totally destroy the concept in attempting to modernize it. We do have Battlestar Galactica as a counter example of that, though, so maybe all I need is a little faith? Anyone else thinking about this stuff, or is it just me?

Click here for more details about NBC's fall schedule.

Comic and Lost writer Brian K. Vaughan has been quoted of late as saying that he now knows the big picture behind what's going on on the island, and that there's always been a master plan among the writing staff there. No big surprise to me, but some people have had their doubts. He also admitted that he's the one responsible for Charlie and Hurley's amusing Superman/Flash ponderings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish the news about Studio 60 was a surprise. At least they're going to show the last few episodes starting on the 24th, or so my PVR guide says.

Re Bionic Woman, look up Michelle Ryan on your favourite image search engine, and recall the rumours of a "$6 Billion Dollar Man" movie that was going to be done as a comedy, possibly with Will Smith in the title role.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

It'd definitely be nice to see a few more Studio 60 episodes before it rides off into the sunset (strip).

As for Michelle Ryan... I guess what you're saying is: Don't get my hopes up? That sounds about right.

At least we have a whole 'nother season of Battlestar Galactica to enjoy, once Season Three comes out on DVD later this year. Hopefully it'll arrive sometime in the summer, during that lull when we're stuck watching movies and baseball (which normally I'd look forward to, but with the Jays stinking the joint out this season... not so much!)

Anonymous said...

My understanding of the Heroes news (and I didn't read Tammy's post) was that viewers get to vote on who gets to live on (not necessarily technically) till the following season.

I will likely buy Season One when it comes out on DVD.