Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Real Reason I Don't Have My Own Comic Series


Proving once more that no theme is too strange or specialized to warrant its own webpage, now you can visit this site dedicated to comic covers showing women being carried in the prone position.

Despite the fact that I own dozens of the examples cited there, I have to admit I'd never consciously realized it was such a common image to grace a cover. I'm pretty sure the only time I ever carried Vicki in that position was for the obligatory "crossing the threshold" entry to our honeymoon suite in New York City back in 1991, which was clearly not enough to win me my very own comic book cover. On the other hand, this nifty Captain Science # 2 cover does a damn fine job of recalling that scene, now that I think about it...

No comments: