Monday, May 07, 2007

2007 Swimming Season: Now Officially Open!


Only a little more than 48 hours after starting the pool opening activities, there I am doing my first set of laps! The water was around 72 F (21 C), the air was slightly cooler than that, and the sun was shining (though low-ish in the sky). I'd had a gorgeous day off, sitting by the pool for part of it and reading many pages of Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys novel. I even took a couple comics out poolside, and read them there! Does it get any better than that?

Photo taken by Vicki.

(Neighbour dog, Darby, patiently waits for someone on our side of the fence to throw his ball. Later, while cutting the grass, I put him out of his misery.)

(By which I mean, I threw the damn ball several times!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Put him out of his misery....poor Darby! We don't feel too bad ignoring him for a bit, because we know he'd fetch for many hours straight until our arms fell off!