Saturday, May 05, 2007

Lost To End After Season 5

For some reason, I always thought this had been established from the get-go: Lost was intended to run 5 seasons, and then be done. All mysteries would be resolved by then, and the show would have a definitive conclusion. I've even said as much to people, in conversation, though over time I wondered if I had just made all that up.

Now word comes that yes, indeed, Lost will stop after Season 5, and a formal announcement of that fact is coming shortly. Maybe it's the Babylon 5 fan in me, but 5 seasons feels about right to tell a complex story without allowing it to flounder. With Season 3 almost done, it doesn't seem like it's asking that much of fans to stick around for another two, assuming the stories continue to be of the high calibre we've seen recently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy with 5. Any less feels too short, and more can drag on like Buffy did a bit. Although as a fan I'm certainly very greatful for the 44 extra episodes I got of BTVS ... some great moments in there that it would've been sad to miss.