Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Birds Have Taken Their Crap Elsewhere

For no apparent reason - not that I'm complaining! - the Birdshit Saga has ended of its own accord. We had put the fake owl in place, but I suspect that preventative attempt had less to do with the problem going away than something migratory or seasonal. In years past, we've had the same issue as this year, only much less in magnitude. Each time, though, it's lasted for only a week or two, and then stopped suddenly. Since this year was worse than ever before, I'd dearly love to figure out some way to nip it in the bud, since I can only imagine how many hundreds of droppings we'll be dealing with next year or the year after if we don't.

Today's heavy rain seems to have washed away much of the remaining signs of this year's attack. Saves me the trouble of rinsing the deck, I guess...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

today a bird pooped in my hair while i was waiting for my train from Pompeii to Naples