Saturday, May 12, 2007

Uh Oh, Buffalo!

Despite scoring yet another late tying goal - like they did in the pivotal Game 5 against the Rangers - the Sabres came up short in the second Overtime tonight, to fall behind 2-0 with the series now moving to Ottawa. As I said when they beat the Rangers in Round 2, anything short of a Cup victory will be considered failure for this year's Buffalo squad. And it's now going to take a comeback of epic proportions to avoid that fate. Or possibly it'll simply require Ottawa choking... again. I don't expect either to happen, but that's why they play the games!

I can't say as I'd be unhappy should Buffalo be ousted. They were pretty hard to take when they beat my boys, so the prospect of the shoe being on the other foot has some appeal. I'm always just happy when neither the Habs nor Isles are still playing at this time of year!

2 comments:

cac said...

I'll be at game 4 in Ottawa - with a bit of luck they could even secure a Cup Final berth that night. I'll send a first-hand review on Thursday.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Exciting!

I should also point out that, both stats about Ottawa and Game 2's - the real one, and the imagined one - are now null and void, thanks to them winning Game 2 against Buffalo after dominating Game 1. Strange to think they could sweep a team as strong as the Sabres, but there it is.