Friday, May 04, 2007

Yeah, That'll Leave A Mark

Nothing like giving up a goal with 8 seconds left when you're leading 1-0, and then losing it in O/T. Oh no, wait, that's exactly what tonight's game was like!

I think I actually prefer when the Rangers lose them early, than when they lose them late. For whatever stupid reason, I actually had my hopes up in those final seconds, that maybe they could win this game and grab the home ice advantage going into Game 6. As with pretty much every such experience in my life, it just doesn't pay to think something's in the bag before the final buzzer sounds. I even dared to hope it'd be like Game 7 against the Devils in 1994, where New Jersey tied it at 1-1 with 7.7 seconds left, but the Rangers were able to pull it out in double overtime. Again, I should know better than to even let a thought like that enter my head!

Oh well, now I have to somehow get back to my happy place: they're still greatly exceeding expectations this playoff year!

No comments: