Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Exciting Comics Coming Out Tomorrow Or The Day After (May 29th Edition)


It's not clear whether this week's comics are coming out tomorrow (Wednesday) or the next day (uh, Thursday?) on account of the U.S. Memorial Day long weekend. Last week, all of my stories were unexpectedly delayed by a day, and it was laid at the feet of our very own Canadian Victoria Day long weekend. Seems funny that a holiday on either side of the border could really have the same effect, but then again, it could also be caused by sunspots. Or Global Warming. Or terrorists, like George W. Bush says.

Action Comics # 850 - Hey, Action hardly ever makes this list! What's up with its appearance this time? Well, it's a double-sized issue (celebrating # 850) and features a Kurt Busiek-written tale of Superman visiting the 31st century. And you know what that means: Legion of Super-Heroes, including Supergirl, who's been hanging out there in addition to somehow being in the present in her own title! Maybe Busiek'll explain that away, while he's at it!

Amazons Attack # 2 (of 6) - Those of you who read my review of the first issue of this mini-series will recall that it was just too weird for me not to come back and see what # 2 holds in store! And that's a pretty cool cover, too (shown here)!

Countdown # 48 - Still on the fence with this one, but I guess I've been enjoying each issue a little more than the one before it. Which is kind of ironic, considering the issue numbers are counting down (so it might almost seem like I'm actually liking each subsequent one a wee bit less...)

Green Lantern # 20 - I really dig what Geoff Johns has done with this title since it was relaunched. Like he did previously with Hawkman, he's boiled a Silver Age character down to his essence and made him relevant again without really changing him. Of course, he seemed to be the only Hawkman writer who could pull that off, so I'm not sure that bodes well for Hal Jordan when Johns leaves this title. Until then, though, I'm in!

Justice Society of America # 6 - More Geoff Johns goodness, as well as the next chapter in the JLA/JSA/LSH saga. I'll admit that the crossover hasn't really lived up to my expectations so far, but I'll reserve judgement until it's finished, and I get to re-read it in one sitting. I was hoping for a 9 out of 10, and up to this point I'd only call it a really strong 7.

Daredevil # 97 - I just can't get enough Ed Brubaker at Marvel. In fact, if things keep going like they've been, he may be the writer of the only ongoing titles on my pull list from the House of Ideas! Good thing for them he's writing so many!

Silver Surfer Requiem # 1 (of 4) - JMS on the Surfer... it'll either be pure poetry, or extremely inappropriate slapstick. I'm hoping for the former.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Start here. Trust me.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

You do recall that I posted that one on this very blog not that long ago, right?

Anonymous said...

Apparently not... mind like a steel sieve and all that. :)