Friday, May 04, 2007

The Balance Of The Universe

Just as I was feeling extremely low about the outcome of a certain, just-completed sporting event, I paged through today's Blog@Newsarama offerings and saw myself being quoted in this week's Point/Counterpoint column!! For me to say that this pretty much counterbalances the Rangers' heart-breaking loss tonight should give you some sense of just how exciting this really is to Your Humble Blogger! (I'll also shyly admit that, upon seeing "Kimota94" in that context, my initial split-second reaction was: "Gah! Someone else is using my online alias!")

The quote in question - and accompanying link - came from my post about the DC Multiverse's return, which we all know is a topic near and dear to my heart. The whole Earth-1/Earth-2 JLA/JSA crossover tradition of my childhood probably contributed more to my interest in doppleganger stories than anything else, after all.

So, to the Universe (or whoever's running the show): thanks for taking the bite out of that silly hockey game, by giving me something back to soften the blow!!

P.S. Am I the only one who, upon reading the words "Point/Counterpoint" every week, always thinks, "Jane, you ignorant slut!"??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

was that taken straight from this blog?

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

If I understand the question correctly, then yes, yes it was.