Sunday, April 15, 2007

April's Been A Slow Month

With the halfway mark of the month only hours away, I've managed a mere 35 posts - counting this one - which is a pace that would make April the lowest output since I began this experiment (at 75 entries, my debut month of October 2006 currently holds that distinction). I hope to pick things up and avoid that dubious honour, but that sort of thing is always hard to predict.

To be honest, there've been a few days lately that I just haven't felt like blogging. Some of that's been work-related. Obviously, spending most of last week out of town didn't help. Another factor has been how quiet the rest of you have been on your own blogs, since one source of inspiration, from time to tiome, has been what I've read elsewhere and wanted to expand upon.

The fact that I passed my six-month mark (April 1st) without even marking - or realizing! - it, says something about how uncharacteristically distracted I've been recently. I'm only a few posts away from # 800, and unless something else occurs to me in the next day or two, I expect I'll simply pick from my dwindling supply of old short stories to commemorate that milestone. Other suggestions are always welcome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt,

I'm shocked that you're blogging about April being a slow blogging month. In my narrow minded opinion, April is the end of the hockey season and the beginning of the NHL playoffs! Thus making it a very exciting time of year, and I know you had taken a vow of silence in regards to the Rangers quest for a playoff spot, but they've since secured a playoff birth AND currently hold a 2-0 series lead heading back to Madison Square Garden. I would have expected you’d be blogging about that!

Anonymous said...

Is shanet TRYING to jinx it??

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Kinda seems that way, doesn't it!

But I know he means well...

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

To prove that he doesn't worry about jinxes, Shane made the shocking comment to me today that he wasn't even going to worry about his beloved Red Wings if they lost tonight, because he was so confident that they'd win a best 2-out-3 series with the Flames thanks to having the extra home game. (Calgary's very weak on the road, and Detroit's very strong at home.) That's the sort of statement that bitter lessons in the past have ensured I'd never make about my favourite team!