Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I Didn't Get A Flat Tire Today!

But that's probably only because I chose not to ride my bike to work! After getting a mere hour's sleep last night, I couldn't face the prospect of yet another flat tire to deal with, on a day when it was rainy and cold, and when I had to go get comics after work. So I wimped out and caught a ride with Vicki.

A friend who still works at the bank did offer me a special inner tube to try with my next flat, though. This tube costs just a few dollars more and supposedly has a gel inside that will seal any small puncture that would otherwise deflate it. I figure it should only be a matter of days before I get to try it out...

And to answer Tim's question: I'm getting a new version of the same bike model I've bought the last 2 times: Norco Rideau. Despite breaking 2 axels in 4 years, I'm still very happy with that bike, in terms of how well it rides and the amount of maintenance required. I toyed with getting another, comparably-priced model, but didn't like the cheaper derailer I would've gotten.

Finally, a bit of an odd coincidence to share with those starved for what passes for entertainment around here. As I pointed out to Boneman at work this morning, each of the last two Tuesdays have included a flat tire and a Rangers loss to a hated rival (Montreal last week, the Islanders last night). Boneman was nice enough to point out that I won't have to worry as they won't be playing next Tuesday (there'll be no NHL games at all as the regular season will be over and the playoffs won't have started) to which I responded, "They'll be playing alright... but unfortunately it'll be on the golf course!"

No comments: