Friday, April 27, 2007

More News From Ebert

If you're interested in how Roger Ebert is doing, click here.

In allowing himself to be seen - and photographed - as he recovers from his surgery, Ebert knows he's opening himself up to ridicule and gossip. To which he says:

"I’m told that paparazzi will take unflattering pictures, people will be unkind, etc. Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn. As a journalist I can take it as well as dish it out."

Attitudes like that are what separate the phonies from the real people. As someone who's had his own TV show for decades, Roger Ebert has every reason to be proud, at least too proud to want anyone to see him in a reduced state. The fact that he's willing to, as he says, stop "hiding illnesses," is pretty impressive.

I was going to post one of the photos of him here, but then decided that it's only fair you go and read his words, if you want to see what he looks like. It's a good read.

No comments: