Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Sci Fi Geek Out

GeekMonthly has a fun article with the title 12 Sci Fi Films Better Than Serenity which provides some excellent rental/Tivo-search suggestions for the Sci Fi fan. While I don't completely agree with their list, I certainly agree with the premise: Serenity, while a really good movie in the genre, is nowhere near the best one ever made!

Films I'd nominate in that category, in addition to several they included (12 Monkeys, The Matrix, Dark City, Bladerunner) would be:

The Day The Earth Stood Still

Alien

John Carpenter's Thing From Another Planet

(maybe) Star Wars Chapter V: The Empire Strikes Back

(maybe) Aliens

I've watched each of them many, many times, and they just get better with every viewing. And that's the mark of a great film, if you ask me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about War of the Worlds? 1950's version?

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Well-loved by me, but I'm not sure I'd put War of the Worlds (1953) in the category of "best" Sci Fi films.