Monday, April 09, 2007

Travel Made Easy

In a turn of events I thought I'd never see again in our post-9/11 world, I had a pleasant and virtually hassle-free pair of flights today! About the only low point was having to toss out my nearly-empty tube of toothpaste when the customs officer told me, were it full, it would be too large to allow on the plane, so out it went (what kind of logic is that?). Among the highlights were:

- no line-ups at all in 2 different airports and a car rental office... and I mean no line-up! zero people in line! step right up! it was unbelievable!

- got my seat switched just by asking, and had lots of legroom and an empty seat beside me, allowing for much greater comfort than I'd expected

- both flights took off on time!

- I spent the entirety of the longer flight reading one issue of Time magazine, all about Global Warming, and barely noticed the time in the air (as we added way too much carbon dioxide into the atmosphere)

- we arrived at our final destination 20 minutes early!

- had crying babies near me on both flights, but miraculously each one quieted down for all but take-off and landing!

I fully expect to pay for all that good luck on the trip home, and may in fact never be seen again...

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

Have fun in Radnor...hopefully I'll see you on Friday.

Anonymous said...

Hey, good luck better continue, I'm travelling with you.