Friday, April 27, 2007

How Do You Cancel A Show After Only 3 Episodes?

I don't know, but apparently Fox does! As the Man from Mars reported on his blog, the word is that Fox has pulled the plug on Drive, despite only three episodes having aired so far! (I remember the days when they'd barely have gotten the ratings on those installments yet!) The two remaining unaired episodes will apparently be shown sometime this summer, although I strongly suspect that means we won't get any kind of resolution. I think networks should ought to have to commit a little more to us, the viewers, before putting on new shows and asking us to invest a bit of ourselves in them.

Moves like this remind me of the days when David Letterman used to refer to "the Fox Network" and then pause to laugh at what a ludicrous notion that was.

Bitter? Me? Why do you ask...?

No comments: